Tuesday, May 29, 2007

5/29 - Kid(s) Trip

Had Shawn R. and his 6 year old daughter out today for one of my two hour kid trips.
Not too long, not too short......which most end up over two hours anyhow.
But the point is that they are "For The Kids Only".

If the wind wasn't blowing 20 knots out of the EAST, I would have gone to the jetties fished a little, then went looking for Dolphins, which most of the time ya don't have to look far. Ran out to a shrimp boat and got behind it. Where the real action is!

But again, this isn't summer. It's SOMETHING....I just don't know what!

So instead, we went up into Chico-pit bay east and anchored up. The tide was all wrong. High and held in by the wind. But this was the only time that they could go, in the morning.
But it eventually turned and with the high water we only managed one Trout and a Bluefish for 6 year old Savannah. Cute lil girl, that's for sure. But I was on the phone alot with my mind busy, and didn't get a picture of her and the trout. I wish I did.
I was out there taking a reservation for a trip for tomarrow at 9am.


Man, some day we'll get back to normal. Let me discribe it to ya.....


Example of a charter call....
-ring...ring... Hello Capt Dave's Sport Fishing.
-Hello Dave? This is John Doe. I was hoping that you have an opening for June 28th - July 1st? I checked you web site and read your fishing reports and viewed your recent catch photos. Looks like you're still hard at it, huh?
-Hi, John...yeah I remember you. Yes, I'm hard at it that's for sure. Glad you saw what I've been doing lately. How many passengers will you have?
-Just me and my son again.
-Let me check my book and look at those days...........Ah yes, I have those days open and by the looks of the tides those days, I'd reccomend we try the 29th or 30th, departing around 7am.
-Okay, sounds good to me, we'll do the 29th.
-That's good because if I don't book the 30th we can use that as a fall back day incase of a weather problem. Keep checking the reports and photos on my web site. And as your day gets closer, you'll see what I'm doing. I'll give ya a call the day before between 4 and 8pm.
-Thanks Dave we'll be looking forward to it!

I remember those days....but either way. I'm glad to be fishin'.
And am almost getting really used to fishing in 20 knots+ EAST winds. Can ya imagine how good it can be when the east winds are not blowing??

LET ME REMIND YA OF WHAT THAT'S LIKE.

SCROLL DOWN THIS PAGE OR CLICK ON THE MONTH OF MAY IN THE ARCHIVES TO THE RIGHT, AND REVIEW MAY 21st report.....NOW THAT WAS A GREAT TRIP. WE HAD ZERO WIND 90% OF THE DAY.......AND TROUT TO 5 + POUNDS IN THE LEAST PLACE I WOULD HAVE PREDICTED MY GUYS WOULD CATCH ONE.

Looking forward to tomarrows challenges...Float Freak out!