Thursday, May 15, 2008

5/15 - Cut me a break!

Well, looks like I'll be moving Friday's charter to Saturday.
---------
Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Southwest wind between 11 and 14 mph.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Atlantic+Beach&state=FL&site=JAX&textField1=30.334&textField2=-81.4051

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/Loop/southeast_loop.gif
---------

So that means if I move them to Saturday, and I have a small group on Sunday too......Wow, I'll sort of feel busy.....yippee!

Have people coming from Tennessee tonight. Another planned well ahead trip, that given the odds that the weather turns to crap on just their day, is probably up in the tens of thousands!

And given that everything is "throwin' this dog a bone", every charter right now is a prized commodity. That's for sure.

Man, filled up my (4) - 5 gallon jerry cans yesterday at $3.80 a gallon!! And it cost me $93.83 for a whopping 24.69 gallons. So like I saw on the news yesterday when they talked to restaurant owners, they said they have to give small portions for a higher price now.

Why doesn't that work in the fishing biz? Well, it's gonna have too.....I can't be running all over hells half acre. Not that I run all over anyhow. But there's places I'd love to go. And now can't. Not if I have to reduce or keep prices the same. Having that "Wiggle Room", is what has me NOT minding making that 10 mile run to a special spot. So when you think about paying a little less, it means that you maybe giving up running to that killer spot on that perfect tide. In hopes of catching that giant Gator Trout, or filling the box with those perfect size Black Drum. So you may not want to cut into your "wiggle room".

These guys in Texas have it all figured out. They've been doing it for ever....Using the boat to run to where they fish, then get out and wade fish. But then again when the Trout are this size....and the charter costs $550 a day; bring your own waders and rods and reels. I guess they stay pretty damn busy, over there.

Wow, now that's a T-Rex Trout!!
And my next GOAL.
(I wonder how many
that size actual
exists in the
St. Johns River
around
Mayport)