Tuesday, May 19, 2009

5/19 - Mother Natures wrath, on me.

NOW, I'VE HEARD SO MANY OF MY CUSTOMERS SAY, "DAVE YOU SURE DO HAVE THE LIFE, GETTING TO GO FISHING ALL THE TIME....."

YEAH, IT'S WONDERFUL, ALRIGHT !

Sing it with me.....the tune from the show Hee Haw. You remember, ole Buck Owens and Roy Clark?? I loved that show!!














"Gloom, despair, and agony on me! (WOE!)
(I wish I could make a living)
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery! (WOE!)

(damn, I'm bored already!)
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. (WOE!)

(replace wind, seas,and rain for the word luck.)
Gloom, despair, and agony on me!"

(please support your best fishing report, fishing guide.........me??)

IT'S ALSO ONE OF THE BIGGEST HOLIDAY WEEKS OF THE WHOLE YEAR AND.......


SEAS 10-11 FEET...way offshore 12-14 feet!!!
(let's go hunt that Cobia...NOT!)


OFFSHORE WINDS TO 50 KNOTS!!!


THURSDAY'S BOOKED, AND DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.

FRIDAY'S BOOKED, AND I HAVE NOT A CLUE.

MONDAY'S BEING THOUGHT ABOUT, BUT WHO KNOWS?


YEP, IT'S JUST WONDERFUL!!

I EVEN HAD CALLS (THREE TIMES) FOR THIS PAST MONDAY!! IF YA CAN BELIEVE THAT.

NOTE: Hurricane hunter aircraft patrol has been cancelled, that's a good thing!!

Usually after weather like this if there is any bait availible, the big time fresh water flush in the river, will help my Trout bite. I do remember years when we had a storm like this that the Trout will bottle neck into an area, and in the past it was perfect. Because we couldn't help catchin some GATORS.

The river....oh, it'll look like soup, though.


One time I saw a big tree floating by and there was a baby Raccoon sitting on it out in the middle of the river. Another time, we were anchored up fishing for big Redbass in October, after a big storm, and a huge snake swam by the boat and was trying to get in via climbing up the outboard motor! I had a fella on the boat that was freakin out. Yeah, that was real manly of him.