Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5/30 - Trackin' ??

Tried down river today. Left out of Goodby's Creek, headed straight for the Buchman bridge. Had one shrimp stolen on a float-rig. Nothing else. Ran to the Fuller Warren bridge. Tried just bottom fishing live shrimp in a deep run, next to a shallow bar. Nothing.....

B-U-T, there's a ton of Pogies!

Right when you feel that ya have to make a move. Here came Beryl! Then, changed it all over again.
This time of year is really squirrely in that river, storm or no storms.

Back to Mayport on Thursday.

----------------------------------------

Has anyone caught ""larger"" Jacks?  Cause I sure haven't in about 2-3 years, now. They've just disappeared!
They used to be the "ass-kicker" fish during the summer time. I liked that. I have so many pics with happy customers holding Jacks that kicked their butts.

When they get big, they are a fish to be mighty proud of. Pound for Pound, a Redfish can't even compare. S. Florida has the Glory Species...PERMIT. And Jacksonville, ""Georgia."  Florida by zip code only.  when it comes to the word fishing. So where's the Jacks? G-O-N-E??  Another one bites the dust?

As I say, it is what it is.

"I" certainly can't change it. But, don't think I fell off the Georgia Peach Truck last night. I remember all. And have the reports and photos to prove it.

Here's a BLAST FROM THE PAST:






















My good customer Don hiking over the side of the boat a fat Spring Jack along the Mayport Navy Base!
Now, that same area is closed to all U.S. Citizens. Because this really isn't "your" river.
A Jetty  summer "double-header". Keeper Redbass and a released Jack, which definately fought harder and longer.


Hmmm......Jack, I miss you.