Friday, June 22, 2012

6/22 - Nice day!

Had Steve W. his wife and two kids aboard again today. They fished with me last year in July. Steve really likes to run out off the beach and do Sharkin' behind the shrimp boats, like we did last year. But the EAST winds, swell, and thunderheads I saw this morning, along with the non-shark action I had behind the shrimp boats the last time I was there. Had me saying.......Hmmmm, I'd don't feel all that confident, about that kinda day.

Well, we sure had a time of it in the river too. All this rain, all this wind. And it sure was hard to find consistant action for my folks from Texas. I have the patience to sit and work a spot. But that's asking alot with kids aboard. So I was steppin' and fetchin' all day looking for something, somewhere.

Janna was the hot rod at one spot, just before the tide died, and when it did it was like a light switch. We went from perfect current to NONE, and wind blowing the boat. But she nailed the ONLY Trout of the whole day.



















It's really too bad no one hooked up with 5 or 6 of these. The fish was a nice four pounder aroound 22".
So we kept moving and moving and more moving.

Why is it I have found Trout packed so tight that we actually caught over 100 in a day, after past Tropical Storms?
Bazzaro, doesn't even seem to discribe it.

No Jacks, just two Ladyfish all day for the "littlest one", our youngest crew member.


Both of these Ladies, really put on a show. Jumping high and alot.
And they actually stayed on the hook, which is always surprising.


























I was so happy when the float went down and the drag pulled and then this beauty came up to the surface and made one Jr. Angler very happy!!
























At a solid 10 pounds and 32-1/2 inches, made this "LIGHT TACKLE" float-rigged Redbass,  oh so "Kiss'able".






















I love seeing the kids get big fish...it's a bonus. Because all I'm hunting for is action.
Well, that was one tough situation for me today.






















I got back to the dock, and who was there? My buddy "Pencil-Neck". Ready for some tid-bits from filleted fish. I had to take this photo, since Pencil-Neck was standing about a foot from my face!


COMING UP....

MAYBE TIME TO HEAD BACK TO THE BUCHMAN BRIDGE, WITH TEMPS CLIMING TO 100 DEGREES, IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO FISH IN THE SHADE UNDER THE LOW SPAN OF THE BRIDGE. (?)

JUST GOTTA GET THRU WHAT EVER DEBBIE IS GONNA TOSS OUR WAY....90% CHANCES OF RAIN, YEAH MORE RAIN! ON SUNDAY & MONDAY