Thursday, September 13, 2012

9/13 - Ouch.....back-up?

When it rains it pours, huh.

LITERALLY!

Yes, I was supposed to be out today. Didn't even think that much about rain on and off all day long. The marine forecast talked about winds 15-20 knots. And that was my deciding factor.

Trout, lure chunkin' and big wind. Naw, ain't gonna happen. As I sit here "rather bored", I also had a call for Friday. (tomarrow) One fella, from Ga. And it sounded like a great trip, in the process.

FRIDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INLAND WATERS
A MODERATE CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED AFTERNOON THUNDERSTORMS.


This forecast may have impeeded the man's speedy reservation of a Friday charter.
All this weather when, I could really use the business. (thanks to presidential elections??)

Which brings me to the topic of weather and the seasons.

We're gonna get to the point where we'll start seeing more and more weather. Fronts start to get closer and closer to eachother. In July, fronts pass and you don't even care. They come and go once a week or every week and a half.

But as we get closer to "fall". That gap closes, tighter and tighter. It's the seasonal transitions are taking place.

SO, you as a possible "crew member" aboard the metal monster also know as the JETTYWOLF. Will have to start not only having your charter day in mind. But that "back-up" day in mind also.

I have two charters on the books right now, and neither one has a back up day. Sure, we could re-schedule for a fture date. But no back-up day, that same week.

--------------------------------------------

Although kids are in school, don't forget about my 2-4 person, 2 hr Kids Trips for $200. Even though they are in school, they seem to be out of school alot too. Teacher Conference days, holidays, and all that. If you plan ahead, you could get your kids, or grandkids 4-10 years old out on a F-U-N mornings adventure. I cannot say I have ever had a child aboard that didn't have fun. And bringing a day just down to basics, and watching them catch some fish, is a joy for me too.


It's CROAKER season. This is the time to do it.


Croak's = fun, even for adults!