Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11/6 - Weathered OUT!

Got to boat ramp this morning and the rain was falling pretty damn good. And the wind was blowing pretty damn good too.

SMALL CRAFT EXERCISE CAUTION
TODAY
NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INLAND
WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.

Knew Dave and his two sons who I had yesterday and was supoosed to have today didn't have complete foul weather gear. And we were just doing a 1/2 day trip, so they could get to the airport this afternoon.

So we cancelled it.

BUT. Of course by 9:30-10:00am it was back to really nice again.

Open this week till Saturday. The Drum are a chewin.....14"-24"  (5) per person!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything is usually perspective, especially on ELECTION DAY. Well, here's some perspective for ya!

Some people think the Mayport Jetties, is rough fishing. I believe the girl hanging on for dear life is saying to herself,
"Oh I think I jus' stained my new Bikini bottom"


















Reminders:

When reserving any charter from Oct. 1 till at least April 30th.

I reccomend, very strongly:

* of course a $100 deposit has to be made in advance.
* cash balances are near mandatory....unless you want to loose 10% if I have to credit you due to a cancellation.
* remember, "charters over!" when I throw a dock-line around the dock cleat.
* so...."any fish cleaning is done on a gratuity basis" 10% of charter fee is good, for cleaning alot. Fish cleaning is NOT included in charter rates.
* Typically boat and I receive $50 an hour. And fish cleaning has to be done on the boat = a mess!
* always READ my policies, and they are even posted here along the right "side bar". 
* ALWAYS be 15 minutes early, stated time of departure means pulling away from dock, not into the parking lot.
* Bring foul weather clothing, just incase! And leave a cooler in vehicle, if you choose to clean your own fish.
* "less is more" when it comes to light tackle Float-rigging. Best day is (2) persons, because I have two sides of the boat.