Saturday, March 2, 2013

3/1 - It ain't spring yet!



But at the same time....."we found a lot of Trout!"

If I see you sitting there. Watch out for the under water mines.....Fish at your own risk. hahahahaha

It wasn't bone chilling cold, jus' very chilly. And I'm a "hood wear'er", so excuse my looking like I was fishing the Aleutian Islands.  I did have shorts under my slicker pants. Not something they'd do on the banks of the Bering Sea.

Had a great day with Jonathan and his dad Don. We even tried some Sheepshead fishing with clams, and come to find out the reason we didn't even have a Sheepshead bite, was because we were Sheepshead fishing on a Trout spot! And adjustment of fifty feet, add two float-rigs, then the guys were wackin' the Specks.....again.

Had over a two person limit of Specks, a few yellowmouth and a pile of "okay" to "large" Croakers in the box at the end of day. We fished the slack tide dropping dead shrimp and were into the Croak's from the 1st to the last drop....Then was boarded by the Coasties, because we were the low hanging fruit as they drove by us.  That's Marine Law Enforecemnt for ya. Guess, there was no real bad guys out there doing bad things. Just me and my "CUSTOMERS", who had to be held up for 30 minutes. Surprised they didn't get frisked.

Total Trout catch for Jonathan & Don had to be at least 25. And I was surprised. Not many bait stealers and only a Bluefish or two.

One fantastic day!

FYI:
THIS VIDEO WAS DONE IN "HI-DEF", SO IF YOU DON'T SEE IT AS A VERY CLEAR, & QUALITY VIDEO. CHANGE THE SETTING IN THE BOTTOM OF THE YOUTUBE SCREEN, TO "720", THAT'S THE HIGHEST YOUTUBE CAN SHOW A VIDEO.