Friday, December 6, 2013

12/6 - GoPro JAWS & Trout Blues

The handiest ever, GoPro mounting system!  I love this thing. Check out "why".



Big problem though...when I got excited and hooked a 27" Redbass, on a Storm wild-eye Shad "swim bait". Along the south Jetty in 28' of water. I hit my "GoPro remote control"
fast, to get the footage of a great fish fight on light tackle.

Obviously, I turned camera off instead of ON! And when it came down to the very end. I didn't get the BEST footage of the day. Gawd dang I was pissed as I reviewed what I had shot today.

NO Bait on the Jettywolf. Just a quickly trip to do various camera angles and make a review type video. And I still caught 4 "dink" Yellowmouth & Speckled Trout, and the 27" Redbass.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day, Thursday 12/5:

OMG...what a perfect day! Light winds. Only two guys aboard the Jettywolf. "The Hunt for the Speckley Bastards" all day.

It was 10am at the jetties, three of us float-rig fishing live Shrimp. NOT A SINGLE BITE.
Even, me!

South Jetty, North Jetty.....D-E-A-D on a flooding tide from hell. (NEW MOON)

Holy Bazzaro World, Bat Man!!!

"Here's yer sign". GO ELSEWHERE.

So we ended up in Mill Cove by 11:00am. The Cove was MEGA flooded.

It was Noon by the time Patrick caught the first Trout. Barely a 15" keeper.
To make a very long story shorter. The three of us ended up with three keeper (barely) Trout, 10 14" Trout, a small Flounder, and 3 dozen 15-17 inch Redbass. It was also DEAD SLOW up in the nursery grounds. Is there any LEGAL IN FLORIDA REDFISH IN THAT PLACE?

Yes, Mill Cove. "Romper room, Sesame Street" was barely cutting it. But, the move did have us catching at least. And my crew was happier.

ENDLESS too warm conditions. Not enough winter. Trout fishing is almost futile. I finally realize that.
It's certainly not me.

Like a relationship gone bad. You wonder, "what could I have done. What can I do..."
Then you realize. "It's NOT me."

A buddy of mine, who stereo typically fishes the ICW, and creeks told me. "I've given up on Trout, this year."

LOOKS LIKE THE JETTYWOLF HAS TOO ALSO.

-FRESH JUMBO DEAD SHRIMP (Drum bait)
-FRESH CAUGHT CUT CROAKER (Redbass bait)
-EXPENSIVE FIDDLER CRABS (Sheepshead bait)

-Will be the norm I suppose, from here on out.
-Will save me a lot of mental anguish?

It really hurts, because all I live for is this time of year. Giant Jetty Trout. Cold weather. And then it's soon back to 95 degrees in the shade again.....


Hmmmmmm, look below! Yes, just look down. Right here on this screen. See the photo on the Video, on the post below this one??

Check out the date. Check out the size of that Trout.


DO I HAVE PROOF OR WHAT?


I always have proof, that's the problem.



GOT A REEL THAT NEEDS SOME TLC?
HOW ABOUT A FILLET KNIFE THATS BUTCHERING FISH?
CAPT DAVE CAN HELP
"CLICK HERE"