Monday, January 6, 2014

1/6 - Reel review...Comparison




added the "CAROLINA CLAW" reel clamp...remember that review?
(www.carolinaclaw.com)

BIG, BAD, screams grab me and hang the hell on!!!!

But, the Ugly Stik(s) I mounted these new reels too. Has a Trigger Grip.

So being a McGyver kinda guy. I cut the trigger off. Finished the edges with my sanding disc on my Dremel tool. And now, you can barely even notice there was a "trigger" on these rods.



























But check it out. The Carolina Claw reel clamps fit right on, and now talk about a casting trigger.

Ready for super "LT" sharkin', making bomb casts with large plugs for GATOR Troutz, and hold on tight bottom fishing battles.



















































I'LL TELL YA WHAT THE PERFECT ALL AROUND REEL FOR ME WOULD BE. ESPECIALLY, FOR THE FLOAT-RIG FISHING FREAK.

INSTEAD OF A SHIMANO TR-100 G, IT WOULD BE A TR-50G.

WITH IT'S GRAPHITE, ALUMINUM SPOOL, STAR DRAG, LEVELWIND

-ADD IN 6.1:1 GEAR RATION
-LARGE HANDLE
-CLICKING STAR DRAG
-""""AUTO ENGAGE"""

YA THINK SHIMANO WOULD WHIP OUT A FEW OF THOSE FOR ME...AT LEAST A DOZEN?

THAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT REEL.

LET'S SEE IF THESE DAIWA'S COME CLOSE. I DON'T HAVE ALOT OF CONFIDENCE.