Friday, May 30, 2014

5/30 - A Heads-Up...

As I always say. I have no idea who reads this blog. I have no idea if what I do here even matters.
I do know that 95.0% of everyone I take for the "first time" has never even clicked on the words, FISHING REPORTS.

Which is part of the reason, I maybe a bit cynical. But I keep plugging along.
Personally, I would never ever in a life time not look into reports, video's, photo's, and read comments, if I was going on a hard earned charter day with family or friends. But maybe that just me.

On May 15th, I checked the dip stick on my Honda 225 Outboard to find saltwater in the crankcase of oil mixed into a frothy milk like Goo.

It's now, May 30th and I lost literally THOUSANDS of dollars of income. (where income is already tight) over the Memorial day week, and future charters the weeks after. (IE: right now)

I live from what seems Holiday to Holiday. Because that seems to be the times when people want to go fishing with the masses of other folks just like them.

It's been weeks of unemployment and I have never not been out of the water this long,all the while returning deposits. And searching for a solution. Then, searching a bit more, and then a bit more for some kind of way to get back on the water, FAST!

The long story short is, you may have saw the video of a Honda motor I'm parting out below this blog post. And that's not even the motor with the water in the oil!

I now have 2 DEAD Honda outboards in my garage. Parting one out, and may try and fix the other this winter, and sell it. Both have a problem, but the one that gets water in the oil runs great...until the oil gets too watery.

So, next week the Jettywolf will be getting a NEW Suzuki 250 hp outboard on the stern. Spending even more money, now.

Please don't beat me up too bad about my rates. I'm very much thinking about getting rid of the "Name your own rate", for Monday - Thursdays. Because I can't go backwards, I have to go forward, instead. 

I'm sure I have a whole bunch more gray hairs now than I did two weeks ago. Mentally, it's been a very tough ride. Motors never ever have problems in the middle of February!!!!!

I'm posting here what is on my home page under my fishing forecast. Because this is what I'll be doing as soon as I get back on the water.

It's the Summer Season!  This is not January or even November. It's HOT outside and things change if you want real ACTION.

Summer forecast:
"RUN & GUN" FISHING BEHIND THE SHRIMP BOATS FOR 
FAST -ACTION ON BLACKTIP, SPINNER, AND OTHER SHARK SPECIES.
 * FISHING THE CLOSE REEFS, WITH LIVE BAIT.  BONITA, KINGFISH, SPANISH MACKEREL, BARRACUDA.
 * OVER-SIZED "BULL REDFISH" AT THE INLET’S JETTY ROCKS
FOR THE SPORTSMAN/ANGLERS, CHUM FISHING FOR "BIG SHARKS", WITHIN SIGHT OF THE BEACH. HAMMERHEADS, BULLS, LEMONS, ETC.  NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!
 * NO LONG BOAT RIDES! AND THAT'S GUARANTEED.