Wednesday, October 11, 2017

10/11 - Charters are so cheap, compared to boat ownership

Well, I  know most people think fishing charters are expensive. And I hear this all the time, ''I'm thinking of getting a boat, what do you think of XYZ boats, Capt. Dave?'' From customers.

Let me enlighten you for a minute.

If you think you're in it for the long haul (boat ownership) which most are not!!
More boats do a lot of sitting around, than ever getting used. Just pay attention to a local boat yard, marina, or backyard....''near you'', and you'll see.

The novelty of boat ownership is one that wears out very, very fast.

-you need a tow vehicle
-it's a equipment 'heavy' activity
-add in fishing, and you just doubled the equipment ''heaviness''!
-storing a boat properly, means ''doubled the expense'', if you don't have room.
-everyone is now your friend. But all your new friends are ''broke''.
-most people can't enjoy boating, alone. They need people to go ''with'' them.
-it's like having a in the ground pool at home. Doesn't increase any value to your wealth.
- I could go on and on and on...

If you keep up with anything I do here on my reports blog, or via my Youtube channel, or Twitter writings. (I have no clue to who visits all these. I JUST DO IT! and hope for the best. )

I know my customers barely look at any information I give freely.

You'll know that before and since Hurricane Irma, all kinds of boat related things have happened to me.

-Suzuki water pump
-fuel water separator changeout
-leaking fuel tank
-all new trailer tires

as a few examples.

So, charters are expensive huh?

Yeah, well here's a short list of what I've spent to stay in business in the last 45 days:

(not to include; boat payment / insurance / fuel / oil  or NEW TOP ON THE BOAT!!!!)

$173.82
$25.52
$28.00
$765.07
$24.55
$78.00
$26.47
$49.00
$400.00
$18.00
$10.28
$27.80
$150.00
$435.00

YEAH, AND CHARTERS ARE DIRT CHEAP, IN MY BOOK!