Tuesday, October 17, 2017

10/17 - Birthdays, Live Bait, and cold fronts....OH MY!

Well, tomorrow is the JETTYWOLF'S 11th Birthday!  Yes, around the Fish Camp we celebrate boat birthdays. Or at least recognize them.

When you have your boat built and delivered. It's a more personal thing than just buying a boat off some sales lot.  I followed the Build with photos from the Builder. Then, knew when it was put on a truck, and was heading my way.

The Jettywolf and I have been through a lot over the last 11 years. And I plan on another 11 more.
























I've hear of this before. What do you think? (click on report title to open this report as a page, and you can comment below)






Had plans to fish today. And had a charter yesterday, too. But at 9pm last night, I knew I made the right call to reschedule till next week.

Yesterday:  1 of Lito's Redfish.  Finally a keeper -"eater"

























Yep, at exactly 9pm last night the wind in my area started to blow hard. And here came today's BIG cold front.  I'd call this the first real one of the fall season.
Temp drops, huge winds, and rain.........WELCOME TO FALL.

I love it! Hopefully NO MORE high 80's days. And I know that's asking a lot. Because last year we never had a winter. And maybe even the year before. Because my Dad and I did some Big Time home renovation here at the Fish Camp two years ago in November (because we thought it might be cooler) but instead we sweat our asses off doing a few weeks of pure manual labor.

Here's today's Marine weather forecast for this week....Not Good!
LINK FOR FULL WKS MAYPORT FORECAST

A strong cold front will push well south of the coastal waters
today. Strong northeasterly winds will prevail today through
tonight with Small Craft Advisory conditions and occasional gale
force gusts expected on all area waters. Small craft advisories
will remain in place Wednesday and winds and seas will still 
remain hazardous the rest of the week.  

My next trip ""scheduled"" is Friday with some great kids.