Tuesday, May 8, 2018

5/8 - SPRING TROUT BITE STILL STRONG!

The spring Trout bite is still strong. GOOD..."I love them."

Float-rigging though means "live shrimp, it's what's for dinner".
And it's that time of year (water temp 72 degrees) that everyone has a passion for eating your pure oxygen fed super sprightly shrimp (the one's on my boat). And that's Jacks, Blues, Spanish Macs, and Ladyfish too.

But that's sort of ok, cause I'm in the fish biting biz. I only "want" to be a only Trout biting SNOB!

This report is worthy for one reason. I took Bud out today. (and his care giver Michelle) I had Bud as a customer over 12 years ago.  Back then he was a old fisherman. Now? He's really a old fisherman.

Or as he referred to himself as, "a ole fart fisherman".

YES, back when I had my demo Bay Boats from Carolina Skiff, and my 23' MayCraft center console. Is the last time I had Bud on my boat.

He's 89 years old now. And he wanted to get back out there. He had mobility problems way back when. So now he really doesn't get around at all.

So who does he call to go fishing with? Specifically, FLOAT-RIG FISHING?

The Jettywolf. Because he saw and heard the boat HAS ROOM!  Room NO Pathfinder would ever have. No room a flats skiff would ever have. REAL FISHING ROOM. He could put his chair and fish from.

He fished a whole "standard day", 6 hours. Kicked back in his camo folding chair.

We caught (he and Michelle) 8 Speckled Trout, too many to count Jacks up to 7 pounds. Two Bluefish, and 3 Ladyfish. I caught two pup Redfish and two Trout on Jigs-n-Shrimp combo meals.



















So, if you want to fish a "real" charter boat. With true fishing amenities. Like ROOM to actually fish from. And a "guide" standing right there (not fishing up on the bow all day long).

You now know who to call! (904) 642-9546