Tuesday, June 12, 2018

6/12 - I'm not a part-time inshore Guide/Charter...like many.

Oh, I find it so humorous. The chat on the VHF radio in the morning when the "Pogies"....(those little slimy nasty baitfish) are hard to find and everyone is running around like mad trying to find them.

Hell I saw them right off!!!  We went straight out to the 25 Shrimp boats working outside the Jetties this morning and I saw all the Pelicans diving on the pogie schools.  I didn't need them.

I just bought and filled my freezer full of 50 pounds of huge Pogies that were in a frozen block.  All to save time, fuel and expense.

Don't need to run around for hours, to get them. I had 12 inch pogies in a zip lock bag. And since I don't "TROLL" (save hours on my engine) I use mine for shark bait, Redfish bottom baits and just pieces for cut baits.

B-U-T....we ran up to the stern of four different shrimp boats and pitched out pogies on wire leaders and heavy rods and reels and NEVER HAD A BITE!

WHOA! that's something! 
I just heard two days ago they were thick as fleas.

That's why I don't care much for Run-N-Gun shrimp boat Sharkin much anymore.

SOOOOOO, inconsistent!

I have to deal with so much inconsistency already, just doing what I do, here in Bizarro land Florida. (Florida's home of the most wacko tides!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what I'm getting at is I fish 100% inshore-river-inlet-coastal 365, 7 days a week.

I'm not just a inshore charter when the fishing is easy or "easier" inshore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here's today's report.

Pitchin' Jig-N-Shrimp combo meals, Float-rig fishing live shrimp. In the river.

1 - 30" 9-1/2 Pound Redfish (too big to keep)
3- small Black Drum (1 was a 16" inch keeper)
1- Sheepshead about 2 pounds
1-Giant Pinfish 14 inches long! (we kept it and filleted it!)
1-GATOR Speckled Trout at 24 inches and approx 5 pounds.
1-GATOR speckled Trout at 22 inches
4- small "pup" Redfish at 16 inches

LOST ONE TROUT THAT WAS MAYBE 7 POUNDS AT BOAT SIDE! (because the current was so damn heinous!)

And left fishing and went back to the dock as the sky darkened and cleaned the fish we kept because they were going to visit the fryers at Singletons Seafood Shack, in Mayport around the corner from the boat ramp. For my customers dinner. Missed the rain and high winds....WHEWWWW. thank goodness!
























































































FUN DAY WITH TWO YOUNG GUYS FROM GEORGIA.

YOU CAN BE NEXT.
-MORE FISHING
-LESS BOAT RIDING
-HUNTING TROPHIES
-AS WELL AS "DINNER" (FISH FRY)
-BEST CHARTERS - 2 PERSONS
-NEW 2 PERSON RATE $350 6 HRS FOR SUMMER TIME
-CALL: 904-642-9546 8AM-8PM
-VISIT: WWW.CAPTDAVES.COM