Thursday, July 5, 2018

7/5 - Summers 1/2 way point

By the middle of July comes summers half way point. Am I happy to see it go?
Yes.

By the July 4th Holiday I'm ready for summer in  Jacksonville to dwindle away slowly.

I've had my fill of "deep" heat, and am ready and chomping at the bit to get back in the "Trout fishing saddle" with water temps less than  85 degrees.

But soon will be STORMS....and yes Mother Nature's cycle needs them. The first real biggy will Flush out the St. Johns River. At least that's the plan.

Today: July 5th it was raining for short bursts as small clumps of rain clouds blew in from the Ocean, at 4am-4:30am and so on.

The EAST wind kept me in the river. Versus heading out into the Ocean to shark fish behind any shrimp boat dragging that I can find.

It was a nice change as I have had day after day of shark fishing, lately.

I had 3 kids and dad.

They caught some PUMPKINS!







Plus, we lost a big one on a live shrimp at the first spot that ran one of the boys over some submerged rocks.....The first one shocked him!

We used cut Pogies. These Bull Redfish ranged from I believe 16-23 pounds.
Fished 2 spots, 4 hours. Back at noon.