Thursday, May 2, 2019

5/2 - two days work....to the bone, literally ❗🔪🔪

www.captdaves.com  - still here, doing this blog.



''Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be Fishing Guides...or Knife Enthusiasts''  🦈🔪🦈🤔



-had the pipes crack (top and bottom) on the Jettywolf's MEGA-TOP, where the builder welded (non-structural) pipes as chase-pipes/raceways, for my radio coax, and my anchor light on the ''top of my MEGA-TOP''. 

I kinda knew they wouldn't last (almost 2+ years), because the Jettywolf's MEGA-TOP flexes and moves a bit. 

But, my console doesn't.
And that's where the chase pipe for the wires/coax, were welded to.

via a bar on the underside of the MEGA-TOP,  to the top of my all alloy windshield frame.   

so on Wednesday I busted my azz, all day working on a fix, after cutting the chase pipes out, after disconnecting the radio's PL259 coax connector, and the anchor light wires. 

Way easier said, then done!

I thought I came up with a ''flexible'' fix, so as the MEGA-TOP moves,  so will the connection between the console and the MEGA TOP.

Three trips to Home Depot, mandatory. 

BUY SHIT, DOESN'T WORK, TAKE SHIT BACK FOR CREDIT, BUY MORE SHIT.....

THE ENTIRE JOB, 

YET ANOTHER MACGYVER'ISM!

Make something work, for the boat, via a ''HOME-CONSTRUCTION SUPPLY STORE???''

Did this job, all over again on THURSDAY. 

Wasn't happy with my Macgyver'ism. 

And when my Dad came over to take me to the nearest ''MEDICAL CLINIC''... after I called him and said,


''I think I need stitches in my hand! I just cut my hand really bad"

But when Dear ole Dad came over my house, I had second thoughts. 

I have no $$, and no time to deal with those people at those slow shoe shuffle, road side clinics for the non-clinically dead yet.

So Dad fixed me up with good strong duct tape and some gauze pads.



















And did I mention, I really needed to get this job done?

It's now Thursday at 1pm, and I have a badly needed charter FRIDAY at 7am!!

So, one more trip to that dreaded Home Depot, and I get back to work.
Making due with the hand situation...yet another 'situation?''🤣🤣



I'll spare you the dirty details of how and why I sliced my hand open, but let's just say..."my Cold Steel knife ain't DULL!"

So I get almost done and ready for Friday, I call my charter customer. 

He says "it's gonna rain, we will have to reschedule. There's a 8 year old coming."

-two days work, loss of blood, four trips to Home Depot, make repairs, then tear it all out and make repairs all over again.....

ALL FOR FRIDAY MORNING AT 7AM!

NOW WE'RE NOT GOING.

HERE'S THE BIG LIE FORECAST:


















BTW....IT NEVER RAINED A SINGLE DROP TILL WAY AFTER 1:30pm AND WE WOULD HAVE BEEN D-O-N-E AND BACK AT THE DOCK!

LET ''ME'' DO ALL YOUR WEATHER REPORTING!

ALL RESCHEDULES OR CANCELLATIONS WILL BE AT THE DOCK IN THE MORNING. OR FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT....less live bait costs, if cancelled by me (usually only in winter due to high winds)


SUNDAY AT 1PM, I HAVE A 2-3 HR. "KIDS TRIP".... (AT 1PM, REALLY?)


SO, AS I WRAP UP THIS JOB AND FEEL AS IF I NEED A 
CASE OF P.B.R.'s  ❗❗❗❗

BECAUSE WHEN IT'S BAD, THINGS GET EVEN WORSE, RIGHT?

YEP. I CUT MY FINGER TO THE BONE THIS TIME!  

YES, I'M REALLY STUPID....OR LOVE THE SIGHT OF MY OWN BLOOD?   




















IF YOU'RE GONNA BE ANGRY, IN A HURRY, JUST WANNA COLD BEER TO BE IN THE FRIDGE, WHEN THERE IS NONE.

OWN A COLD STEEL "POCKET BUSHMAN" THAT CAN SLICE TISSUE PAPER.

YOU BETTER KEEP THIS SHIT HANDY AS HELL.





















OH, 

HERE'S THE ''END'', I HOPE. 

OF THIS MACGYVER'ISM 

I SHED BLOOD OVER TWICE, WITH TWO DAYS WORTH OF LABOR

ALL, SO IT WAS DONE FOR A ''NON'' CHARTER, FOR FRIDAY. 😫😫





































REMEMBER THIS...

''Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be Fishing Guides

...or Knife Enthusiasts''



-------------------------------------------------
if you want a fishing charter this weekend, or any ole time call now:
904-642-9546 
------------------------------------------------