Sunday, July 21, 2019

7/20 - LAST DAY.....till next year❓❓

https://www.captdaves.com -  book your date here, call today. πŸ“žπŸ“žπŸ“ž





PER STATE OF FLORIDA.....LUNACY WEEKENDS:

''SO CALLED RED SNAPPER WEEKENDS'' I CALL IT ''THROWN A BONE WEEKENDS''




WAS UP AT 3AM
WAS AT BOAT RAMP AT 4AM ❗❗❗❗
CHARTER CUSTOMERS WERE TO SHOW UP AT 7AM.......yeah, I like my usually parking spot. and best docking spot. 


Jigged up ''threadfin herring'' GREENIES, AT THE TIP OF NORTH JETTY.

Headed straight to the south rip line......full moon still.......falling tide in the morning.

Fished Greenies on a dead ''slow'' troll along color change.

had 16 year old boy, throwing up lower intestine.....and it was CALM in my book!

it was Saturday morning, just AFTER A TWO DAY KING MACKEREL TOURNAMENT ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY!!   more Summer LUNACY!

caught only one small shark, ''slow trolling''

decided to run to my ''usual'' offshore spots where we've caught BIG triggerfish, a approx. 500 pound TIGER SHARK, short and keeper Cobia, a 100's of Barracuda's before (video proof on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL)  

Didn't have my ''MARKER JUG'', on the boat. So, I had to use my GPS, constantly, while drifting to re-locate the spots constantly. Pain in the azz.

My 3 customers, who never fished, had to LEARN FAST how to, as time was of the essence.

Got boarded by the USCG out there.....Y-E-S, BIG BROTHER WON'T EVEN LET YOU FISH FOR SNAPPER WITHOUT A BIT OF ''we're watching Y-O-U'' .

I of course get ''boarded constantly''.....and had my GOLD, good as GOLD, safety inspection paper from 2 weeks ago from a boarding in the river. So. it went fast. PLUS, the Coasties went and got the kid on my boat some sea-sick pills back at the ship that was following around the small ''rib'' boat they were using to go from boat to boat in. 

Tried to save my LIVE BAITS all day for more tries for Kingfish on the slow troll.......but decided to get a B-I-G-G-E-R Snapper, which would come off live Greenie INSTEAD of dead Pogie cut bait.

And yes it did.....LARGEST  snapper was 8 pounds.

FORGOT, how bottom fishing with just 2-3 people on the boat, on the drift keeps me ''steppin & fetchin'' constantly.  

And the boats a utter mess by the time its all over. (unlike float-rig fishing inshore which is very clean fishing) 

My crew really had fun.....''maybe not the boy Eric.''