Wednesday, February 19, 2020

2/19 - want more??

HTTPS://WWW.CAPTDAVES.COM


BIRTHDAY DINNER A ''HOT DISH''

WANT MORE??

WATCH US ON YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/c/captdavessportfishing




JAX BOAT CLUB REPORT: 02/19/2020

still Winter!

Yep, those 80 degree days come along in the middle of the week and just have you freaking out to get on the water. Then, Saturday comes and it's blowing a gale.
20191220_142449.jpg
So what's a fisherman to do? 

Try coming up with some new rigs. And maybe doing a "dusting and cleaning" to all your rods and reels before it's really "game time" come late March and April.

-BULL REDFISH....again!
20200217_113213.jpg
-Spawning Sheepshead
float sheeps 11-10-5.gif
-Spawning Whiting
BIG WHITING.jpg
-Big Black Drum
DEL DRUM 50 LBS.jpg
to name a few.

This isn't ground breaking, by now means. But I'll pass on a tip or two of what of what I do.

First off, everyone should throw jigheads. Jigs and Shrimp, jigs and Fiddler Crabs. It's a great presentation and less tackle the better, and plus it's a staple inshore tactic, for everything.

But, if you really fish them. Loosing jigs can get costly. And if you do not loose jigs, then you're not fishing the right places.

I buy my hooks in 1000 boxes. I said to myself, "I have all these hooks, but never enough jigheads."   So, I went on Ebay and found where I can get something like 230, 3/8ths ounce egg sinkers for super cheap. I did the math. It was exactly as I thought. You gotta have hooks, already, if you fish. So why not just use a ''knocker rig'', inshore. It's no different than a jighead!  And cost A LOT LESS! 

I thread on the 3/8th's oz. egg sinker, tie on a hook, pin on a shrimp, and I'm in business. It catches everything the same as a expensive jighead. 

And I like saving money.

Shopping Ebay for good clean "used reels". Not sure if everyone knows that if you shop smart, really know about the reel you want, inside and out. You can get a good one with years and years of service still left in it, used for 1/2 price

Even if you need to replace a $2.00 part. That's as easy as going to (example: Shimano-fishing.com) opening up the schematic and ordering that part.  If I can't get it for at least 1/2 price, I don't bother with it. "I have time, more will come." 

At least half the reels in my every day use arsenal, that I don't leave the dock without, have been purchased that way. And I like saving money. And if I had to put a $2.00 part on them. I still save.

be safe, fish savvy, and see you on the water.