Tuesday, February 13, 2007

2/13 - Something was goofy....




I don't know what the deal was today other than not having a strong tide, but either way something was goofy. (YEAH, LIKE THIS WACKO WEATHER!!)
But I went to my go skinny water spots and had to wait forever for the tide to move, I was there before the sun was up again. I cannot find any good action on an incoming tide. So all measures are taken to fish just falling water.
But, I did catch some fish. And that's a good thing. Just wanted some bigger Redbass really, instead I got a bunch of lil' pupper reds,a 20" Red and this 23 incher. Some small Trout, (I've been avoiding them) and 3 small 7-stripers from my go to Sheepshead spot in the I.C.W.
Fished from 6:30- 12:30. And even went down river to try my big time Trout and large Redbass on the float-rig spot, and it was dead.
The cloudiness made it feel funky, for some reason today. Maybe it was just me.
I wish the weather would make up it's mind. Like my buddy D.O.A. Rob says; "I love those really cold mornings up in the creeks, they really bite for me then" , I have to agree. The warm-cold-warm-cold thing isn't for me either. I can take the cold. I'm not in love with it, but I am when the fish are chewing.
And it's really funny or actually sad for me. The minute I go to make plans for heading to the Miami Boat Show, I get calls galore for that same weekend. This month has been dead as hell, so I figure get out of dodge for a few days, it'll shorten the closed Trout season if I'm not here thinking about them. Then as far as today, I've had a total of 6 calls for either this Friday, Saturday or Sunday, when I'll be in Miami!!!!! The one thing that's making me feel okay is that the weather here this weekend is gonna be for crap, with high winds and cold. So if anyone can take all these people out, "It's gonna be very challenging to say the least!"
I do not get a single vacation in three years, and when I do make plans to be gone for 3 days everyone wants to go those same 3 days out of a whopping 28.
I cannot figure the "public" out, and I never will.
I'm over and out till Tuesday of next week. Then is when I have a 4 boat company charter heading out for a 1/2 day trip 12-5pm.
I hope all my "homework" pays off.
I plan on having them catch Reds, Trout, Flounder and Sheepshead, but will be happy with 2 out of the 4 species.