Wednesday, May 9, 2007

5/9 - ONE SORRY WEEK (revised 3 times)




"It's been 5 days since I drifted a float behind the boat, and I'm going BONKERS!"


No, that is not an ad for Arlington Bait & Tackle, although it would make a good one. Huh? They are some really nice folks over there. It's a pic of me drifting my float down the rocks, catchin' fishez on a calm day in MAY!!!!!!!!!!


Looks like Thursday is my day:

THURSDAY SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING EAST IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.

But this was also issued:
National Hurricane Center – 11:00 am – Tropical Storm Watch has been issued along the Southeast Coast from Altamaha Sound, GA to Flagler Beach, FL. A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, generally within the next 36 hours.
The center of Subtropical Storm Andrea is about 150 miles northeast of Daytona Beach, FL Andrea is moving generally toward the west at 3MPH. Maximum sustained winds are near 45 MPH. with higher gusts. Little change in strength is forecasted during the next 24 hours.


So, I'll bring a rain Jacket. BIG DEAL. If there's no wind I just have to go find those Speckley Troutz again, since I haven't been since last Thursday.

FORGET ALL THAT....UPDATE.....UPDATE....

THERE'S NO WAY. AT THIS TIME THURSDAY 9AM THE WINDS GUSTING OVER 25 KNOTS.

LOOKS LIKE ITS NOT WORTH GOING TILL THE WEEKEND, IF AT ALL.

THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED WEATHER FOR US FISHERMAN IN MAY...WOW THIS REALLY SUCKS BAD.

AND AS A CHARTER FISHERMAN I'M REALLY ON THE LOOSING END OF THIS STORM! THERE'S NO MAKING THIS UP.

I HOPE SOMEBODY ACTUALLY BOOKS A MEMORIAL HOLIDAY TRIP OR TWO.....SO FAR THE CALENDAR IS A BLANK.

It's TPC time...They moved it from March, and the weather still sucks! Welcome to NE FLORIDA! WELCOME GOLF FANS! WHY DON'T WE GET FISHING FANS? Golf & Fishing are about the same deal....both of us who play the "game" hate high winds! And being EATEN by the native wildlife.

I did have a call from a past customer last night here for the TPC, I guess. And he wanted to rush out there today (Wednesday) which is very "iffy". Especially if he wants to catch anything, decent. The wind is still way up. But will call back later for a "MAYBE" Friday trip. YOU ALWAYS NEED TO PLAN. SHRIMP DON"T GROW ON TREE'S FOLKS!!! Bad weatgher for us can also be bad weather for the live bait shrimpers.

I actually witnessed boats COMING & GOING, from the Mayport Boat Ramp during the height of these Gale Force Wind attacks, the last few days.

-Who are these people??

-Are they the same ones that keep Sea-Tow in business?

-I think, so.

-1-800-ask Dave......I watch the local weather, feel it and predict it better, I think.