Friday, July 27, 2007

7/27 - A flat & brown morning...yellow & red afternoon

Had a great day today with some kids (11 & 14 year old). And their dad Ralph, too.
Damn, I wish I had a way of taking a few quick pics today, because we had some BEAUTIFUL
Flounder.

Met Ralph, Walton & Matt at the ramp at 0630 hrs. And headed to where I've been flattie hunting to catch the very last minutes of the incoming tide.

Weren't there 15 minutes when we had the first one hooked up.......But "lost" at the boat.
Another try and a second lost at the boat. And then me and Matt double teamed the third hook up (I helped a little) and a big fat 4 pound Flounder was in the net.

Minutes ticked by and the incoming tide was about over. And when I say I only catch them on my Float-rigs on an incoming tide. I ain't kidding. They devour a giant live shrimp dangling from the float! But as soon as that tide turns or slows down, it's all done. Which I'm finding amazing!

My crew put three, 3-5 pounders in the cooler.

So as the tide started to turn we tryed and tryed, but no more Flounder. So we kept or lines wet in the same area for a little while hoping for a different hook-up of some kind. Besides the piggy Perch, and little Seabass that we caught while working the area.

Since the Flounder fishing isn't a big time YANK or PULL kinda fishing. I told the kids I had something in store. And about 25 Jacks from a 1/2 pound to 3 or 4 pounds, a 21" Redfish, a Trout, a few Ladyfish later, they were ready to call it a day.

A day full of challenges and fish. Plus they went away with one hell of a bag of gorgeous fillets.

Ralph asked me, if I need any of the Flounder to eat. I said, "No, I want you to have it all, I caught 8 of them 2 days ago myself".

I had them last night lightly fried to perfection in (EVOO) Extra Virgin Olive Oil, with a mix of Zaterains fish fry mix. And some thick sliced tomatoes on the side with several cold glasses of Herbal Green Iced Tea......Light and tasty. And such a treat after a long day on the water.

Tomorrow: A dad & his daughter, and we'll have an extra hour of incoming tide!

These reports sure are bland with no photos aren't they? Can't wait to have a digital camera again. There's several things I can't live without. A digital camera of course, a float-rigged rod & reel, a cell phone and a propane fish cooker. I already have the perfect boat, some of the greatest tackle, and a great job.

FLOUNDER...It's whats for dinner!