Thursday, December 20, 2007

12/20 - If there ever was a day...

If there was ever a day to be out at the jetties 'wackin some fatties', it was today.
It was as perfect as the conditions in this photo.

This is an ole favorite photo of mine. Not because I'm an Ad for "ABT", but the position I'm in and where my float is behind the boat.
(can ya see that white speck?)

But of course, I was at the V.A. for a getting my "health care" enrolled from 7:30am till 12:30pm. It was something I could not miss, so I paid the price. Heard the Trout were off the chart, via my sources.

And of course here comes the weather...because I have the holiday rush.

Now the winds are supposed to pick up and as of this writing at 5pm Thursday they say its Small Craft Caution right now with 15-20 SE winds.

Here's the forecast I go by:
FRIDAY:
WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH 15 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY:
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET. INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

SUNDAY:
SOUTH WINDS 10 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

Sunday sure looks good, except that may not be 10 knots when I go, because we're not leaving till 10am. Need to fish just the falling tide because of that FULL MOON.

Not gonna make that mistake again of going on a Full or New Moon incoming or at high tide!

The JettyWolf howls at the moon, but only on a falling tide....Thank you.