Thursday, November 20, 2008

11/20 - All ya want and lots to spare...

Hit it solo today, and on my first spot (Kirk's rock) it was all ya wanted. In about 15 drifts of my float I had 12 Trout. It was ridicules. I actually left and only kept the 4 largest, (18-19 inchers).
I was on a hunt for a really BIG Trout.

Went to take a few photo's and the camera batteries were dead.....again. I just bought new rechargeable, charged them, and still the camera wouldn't work. It maybe my charger.

So you will have to take my word for it.

The theme for the day was....."IF YOU WANT SUPER NICE SIZED SPECKLED TROUT, AND LOTS OF THEM. RIGHT NOW IS THE THE TIME TO GO."

Every where I went, I caught beautiful Trout. So many that again, I would move because I was looking for the super stud.

It was cold this morning that's for sure, and the west wind could have been about 5 knots less for my liking. But still a glorious day.

My last try was absolutely insane. About every other drift I had either a Speck between 16-20" or the same size Yellowmouth Trout.

I did catch one 7 pound Sheepshead also.

I really do not know what John Q. Public is actually thinking. Is "JQP" for short, really that devastated by the economy or what? Because every weekend that it's nice, you'd never know it by the looks of the Mayport boat ramp.

Is "JPQ" gonna loose his J-O-B if he goes fishing on a weekday? Or is this town just so out of it....
"It", meaning the fishing loop.

RIGHT NOW, IS THE BEST INSHORE FISHING THIS AREA HAS TO OFFER!

Get it while it's good, is what I say.
Because if a Nuke carrier comes to Mayport, if 2-1000 foot Cruise ships come to Mayport, and if they dredge the river again from the jetties westward, and what's this I hear about re-routing the Intracoastal waterway and remove the Little Jetties? All I can say is this river and our fish, and "us" fisherman will be the ones that suffer. Yeah....it's "Our River" alright...Haha.

A Navy carrier brings huge traffic, cruise ships bring traffic, let alone pollution, dredging brings more current, something we don't need anymore of and more habitat destruction.

You'll be able to find me going "elsewhere"...I'm just a good push away from it anyhow.

Finished up the day with approx. 40 to 50 Trout, and one 7# Sheepshead, BY MYSELF!!!

Good gawd, what a great day.

I swear my new float-rig designed, Biscayne rod has serious MOJO.