Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3/10 - WEEKDAY.....calm....

You wanna know the difference between last Sunday's ABSOLUTE craziness on the river and today...... "I'm holding a few of them."

















NO, I-95 STYLE TRAFFIC ON THE RIVER!

















JUST CALM, ENJOYABLE FISHING/CATCHING.















YOU CAN CATCH QUALITY TROUT, WHEN THE WATERS CALM.
















EVEN 23" FIVE POUNDERS....I SMELL A FISH FRY!!

















AND IT'S 5 POUND TWIN ON ANOTHER CAST!


Yep, it's unbelieveable how the quality of fishing is effected by incessant boat traffic. It's FLORIDA and even though none will admit it, most people don't act much like "real Floridians".

Last Saturday & Sunday was evidence that J-ville fisherman/boat owners act like people in the north on the first sunny, warm day of spring, for some reason. When the gals can put on thier new summer bikini's for the first time. And the 3 feet of snow is just a memory.

Real boating and fishing Floridians, do it all year long. LIKE ME!

And I can tell you simply, the difference between catching on Sunday and today was night and day!

Didn't even leave the boat ramp till noon. Approx. 30 or so Speckled Trout. 2-five pounders back to back! All the yellowmouth Trout I wanted. A 6 pound Sheepshead. And to top it all off, I lost two gigantic fish I couldn't even slow down, before they pulled the hook.

It's AMAZING, the difference when there's no cruiser wakes crashing the shore line constantly, and no boats running circles around me. And then, how nice it is to pull up to a spot that I always fish, and find no one there camping on the spot, catching nothing.

That's why I sent out and announcement on Monday. Here's what I sent everyone in my mailing data base....There's now 7 Monday and Tuesday's left in March. On these days for a 2 passenger trip only, I will discount these 7 weekdays left $50. Advanced reservations/deposit only.

I will actually, TAKE THE HIT TO MY WALLET, just so I can put you on decent fish.

That's why you hire me, right??

I HOPE SO!

Need more info, just call 904-642-9546

Ocean water temp today on flooding tide: 61 degrees.
Full Moon was in full strength, thats for sure.


















The Floatfreak, smells something COOKIN'!!!!!!
(or getting ready too, at least)