Sunday, May 9, 2010

5/9 - Time to think....like a King.

Besides the Cobia showing BIG TIME on the beach and tide rip earlier this week. And some King Mackerel showing up on the beach too. I usually say, "when the first Kingfish is caught off the Jax beach pier, it's GO TIME for beach fishing."

Haven't heard or read any caught off the pier yet. There may have been one caught already (?). But I saw some caught south of the Mayport jetties, with my own two eyes as I plundered into the vast parking lot that made up Saturday's boat festival. I said it before, I'll say it again, "I don't see $3.00 fuel prices slowing anyone down one bit. Except for maybe charter boats."

When Cuda's are stacked up like cord wood on the St. Johns River's tidal rip line. I think it's fair to say, you could go to a close in reef now, and have good A-C-T-I-O-N.

It seems like yesterday, that I was out still feeling cold. Yeah that's right, it was the night Nick and myself went night fishing to see how my lights worked. We had to quit, we were shivvvvvering, so bad.

So what's in the pressure cooker for the Jettywolf?

Near-coastal and reef trolling trips for Kingfish Mackeralous?













Yeah. Certainly not new, just different.
















And those 6pm to midnight Trout - float-rig fishing trips. Can' ya imagine being along the jetty rocks after dark and what might lurk about behind the boat, being drawn by a glowing green light, that's attracting all kinds of bait? Oh I can! All we need is a windless, calm evening.

Like this, right here.


















Just thinking about it has me feeling like, howling from the Jetties.