Monday, July 5, 2010

7/5 - It's over.

Whewwww....The madness is over. Now, it's hopefully back to normal. Even thought this holiday wasn't the best weather wise. Maybe now when folks contact me, it will actually be because they "want" to go fishing, rather than tire kick, around.


This weeks forecast as of today:

TODAY - EAST WINDS 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INLAND WATERS A
LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

TONIGHT - EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. INLAND
WATERS MOSTLY SMOOTH.

TUESDAY - EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INLAND
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

TUESDAY NIGHT - EAST WINDS 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INLAND
WATERS MOSTLY SMOOTH.

WEDNESDAY - EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INLAND
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

Hummmmm, EAST WINDS HUH?
That's not right. My next pre-booked trip is on Wednesday.


OBSERVATIONS:

I have not seen the first Tarpon at the jetties yet. They may be there. But I haven't seen one. All I've seen tucked up in the rocks is lines of cuda's facing into the current. Did you know that they will take a "top water plug"? Yep, years ago I worked on them for hours. Then finally caught a 15 pounder on a Storm Chug Bug.














They're way to smart to follow a plug away from the rocks too long. I had them following for a few feet. But C'mon....what baitfish swims into open water to get eaten? Later in the day as the sun started to get closer to the horizon, I guess you could say "in lower light conditions" same as top water Trout. I made a few casts parallel along the rocks. Yes, a bait fish struggling would be up in the rocks seeking some kind of shelter, right? And that was the ticket! Half way back to the boat the "following" cuda blasted the top water plug. Flying out of the water with a mouthful of sharp treble hooks. And I got it! Can't say I know anyone else who's caught them SNAGGLE TOOTH JETTY TROUT, on top water, along the big rocks!















Heck with sharks.....these dudes are the scarey ones.









































 
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I prefer sic'n the wolfie on them, myself....."let's go get us some"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-Bring that blonde in the little bikini ........