Monday, April 18, 2011

4/18 - ROD MAINTENANCE....."DIY"

I have "allot" of Ugly Stik "Striper rods". (see link on side bar to my Ugly Stik review) I absolutely love the parabolic action of a 7'6" Ugly Stik "Striper" for my float-rig fishing. You can't break one, and you don't pull the hook on a Trout with such a light parabolic action. But, we sure do catch big Reds with them right up against the big jetty rocks.

EXAMPLE:

The gas prices sure have slowed things down. So with that said, It was ROD maintenance day!
I un-rigged 12 rods, cleaned them till like new, and then re-rigged them up again. Which took hours. But it's worth it. I take pride in my tackle and like to see it last. The first Shakespeare Ugly Stik "Striper" rod I ever bought is back clean and looking like new again. And it's at least 4 years old.

That's what I love about those rods, also. NO FLUFF B.S. They just work.

Here's how I do it: