Monday, April 4, 2011

4/4 - The Tanner boys

I cannot believe what I just did.

I went to load up todays photos of Greg, and his two son's Duncan and Will's catches from today and hit the wrong button and erased the pictures. And of course I can't find a single way to get them back!!

Where do they go, is the big question.
The camera software doesn't have a recycle bin. It has a "restore data base" but it doesn't seem to work.

Duncan is 6, I believe and Will is 9.....don't quote me on that.  I've been taking these guys fishing normally in July for years. But this time the Tanner boys are on Amelia Island for "spring break".

Here's Will from when he was just a "little kid" with a gator Trout from years ago. He's 3 years older now.  























We headed to the jetties, the tide was rising and not much was going on besides a few Seabass and Bluefish. But as the tide started to fall, came two Sheepshead. And I threw a float rig  up into the jetties and the floatwent down. I handed it to Greg and he reeled up a GATOR TROUT.

Oh it was sweet!
A nice 5 pounder.
That's the photo I didn't want to loose. The guys with a big honking Speckled Trout.

With the south wind howling and then the tide falling, it was gonna get nothing but nastier out there. Will wasn't feeling all that good. So we called it a 1/2 day and I cleaned up just 3 fish and it made for a nice bag of fillets.....especially Trout fillets!!!!!

Oh well, this was a first to loose photos like this. IT WILL BE THE LAST.

I'm gonna call Greg and see if he can send me his copies. Heck, I gotta have a completed report....it's a routine. I can't break my routine!



GOT THEM:




















Okay, I got the pics!



















BIG TROUT!
(needed a close up...)



















More Sheeps.





















I got Duncan to hold his Sheeps like an ole Pro. "the eye socket method"


WOW...glad we went yesterday (4/4) The big weather came thru here this morning with some severe winds. The jetties must have got pretty nasty after we left. Because the boats we saw out there were all in the river after I dropped off the Tanner boys at Sisters Creek boat ramp. 

Today's forecast - 4/5:

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR WINDS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...TORNADO WATCH 102 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EDT THIS MORNING

SOUTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST 20 TO 25 KNOTS IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INLAND WATERS ROUGH. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE MORNING...THEN SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.