Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12/6 - Day One.....

I had Don and Louis aboartd today from Tennessee. Today was day one of two. We're heading out again on Wednesday.
Before we left the dock I shot this pic of some actual F-O-G.

I LOVE F-O-G!
It's one of those kinda things that we get frequently in the winter and especially in the months of December through February.  It's been a bit infrequent lately, because all we've had was W-I-N-D!

With foggy morning usually comes BLUE-BIRD-SKIES.  And I told the guys that with no wind, blue skies and warm temps, I won't know what to do with myself.

The first area we tried was for Crap!  The current was all wrong, and all we did was spin around in a vortex from hell. We were up in a creek and it was a quick reminder why I hate fishing creeks sometimes.  We kept moving around, and then around some more.
It was a BAIT STEALER BONANZA!

Between Bluefish and Pinfish "WE" couldn't even fish!  So after only a Blue and one small trout, we had to move on.

The second spot was nearly perfection. As we float-rig fished all was great. We pullled in there, because I wanted the guys to tangle with some Reds. But all the reds were just small "puppers". But they did slam dunk some nice Trout.


























We played with the pup Redbass and some small Trout and then it was time to move on. Get out in the BIG RIVER, and leave that mud and marsh behind.  So we picked up and made a run.  We weren't on the spot but a few minutes when Don goes for 3 drifts, 3 Trout.....Louis needed to start playing catch up. Don had a hot rod!

He even nailed this 25", 5-1/2 pounder!! 


The guys caught a few more pup reds as the Trout came in waves.....



Boxing "LIMITS" had me really happy!!
And Louis caught up quickly.
LOOK at Louis... "he's ready for the cover of Florida Sportsman Magazine!" 

I love a Big Box O' Troutz.
GET THE SKILLET, PEANUT OIL, AND ZATERAINS CRUNCHY FISH FRY MIX READY!

I believe the guys wanna try the jetties on Wednesday.

The forecast is saying this right now:

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

Guess we better catch alot of fish really quick in the morning then..."we'll see".

WEDNESDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING WEST 20 TO
25 KNOTS LATE IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INLAND WATERS
CHOPPY. ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.