Friday, March 16, 2012

3/16 - PERFECT WEATHER....again #?

Well, today it was perfection weather again.

I suppose everyone is either waiting for the new moons tides (ludicris tides) or it to blow 20-25 kts. Because when either of the two are happening. That's when I'm busiest.

I get tired of running into people I know at the grocery store or at the gas station and they say, "Why aren't ya fishin'??"

As in because it's perfect weather, that means I should be out there with customers.......??????

SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS.
SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. INLAND WATERS MOSTLY SMOOTH.

SUNDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. INLAND
WATERS MOSTLY SMOOTH.

I have to tell them in the shortest breath I can, that I'm not in charge of people's schedules. I don't get to pick the day.

That's what seperates the mens from the boys, or pro's from the non-pro's. I get handed a day, not a day I'd pick, but any day on the calender. Not the tide I'd pick either, by the way. I get various skill sets. Sometimes fisherman, sometimes not.

And I have to produce to the best of the day's abilities, and bring out people's best fishing abilities. And no matter what  have my crew feel as if they are getting way more than they thought they'd get.

Remember, that's why we as fishing guides make the big bucks....LOL.

Not because we have $65K boats, and another $20K in fishing tackle, and a healthy means to get it all to the water.

It's the ole saying, "getting paid for what ya know, not neccessarily for what ya do."
The big difference is it's BOTH!  Plus much more.

I can't speak for anyone else. But at least that's how I think about it.

Sure wish I was out on days like today, though....