Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/5- Weather on it's way........

My buddy who is the owner and admin of Aluminumalloyboats.com website lives up in North Texas. He called me yesterday and said that tornados that picked up semi trucks and tossed them hundreds of yards passed just 30 miles from his front door.  And that it was actually "COOL" there. I told him, "I'm sitting in my truck and sweating here right now."

So with that said...

We've had it WAY too good lately. Have you been outside in this beautiful weather? If not. You need to call me!
Over this "spring break" I've had great days and really crappy ones.  I remember years ago the spring due east winds drove me way down river so I could hide from it.

Now, the ravenous Bluefish have drove me as far from the inlet I can get in a 6 hour day. As per my report from Monday, we couldn't even fish, they were so bad. Eating every bait we dropped down!!  Gawd how I hate a Bluefish........!

So here's what's in store according to the NWS-Marine forecast:

FRIDAY
NORTH WINDS 20 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET BUILDING
TO 3 TO 5 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON. INLAND WATERS CHOPPY. SCATTERED
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE MORNING...THEN ISOLATED
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

FRIDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET.
INLAND WATERS ROUGH. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
IN THE EVENING.

SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
INLAND WATERS CHOPPY.

SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. INLAND
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

-If you want to know exactly what the weather, water temp, and wind speed and direction is right next to the boat ramp, look along the right side bar of this BLOG and you'll see the Mayport Weather Station's  info.

OF COURSE, I'M BOOKED ON SATURDAY. THANK GOODNESS IT'S JUST A FATHER AND SON SERIOUS ANGLING TEAM, I'VE HAD ABOARD THE JETTYWOLF BEFORE.