Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7/3 - STILL WORKING HARD

Well, I'm still fishing by the seat of my pants. I keep calling to find out what's going on with my sounder/GPS/chart plotter that got drenched back the week after T.S. Beryl. Although my Raymarine C-120 display unit was "supposed" to be waterproof, obviously it was not.

I sent it to get repaired on the 14th of June, they recieved it on the 16th of June and found out today, Raymarine has ONE guy repairing all C-series units. I pitched a fit and asked them, "Will I be without my unit all summer or what??"

I was talking to someone the other day and we "joked" that maybe they have one person doing the work. Well, we were right!

(Finally heard back from Raymarine and Thursday they're shipping my scope back to me....whewww)

I can't head offshore, I can't go into really shallow unknown places. All the things I'm feeling I need to do since the river seems essentially bite-less.  It's been even hard to find steady Croakers this week!  Yesterday the current in the morning was smoking!

The tide has been very strong, being it's full moon week. The ONLY fish I see are coming from offshore, or Nassau Sound. I can go to Nassau Sound......and hope I don't run aground on a bar up there.

In my last post, I showed the way it was years ago after a huge storm. (only one, not nearly as bad as the two we had rain-wise)  Well, at this posting. That huge bite at the jetties, still hasn't happened.  (read post below this one)

Spent all day yesterday hunting from the Dames Point to the Jetties for ACTION. Never found any. Had a Dad, Mom and 14 year old son aboard.

Today, I had a 2 hr kids trip, with two cute Jr. Fisherman. They caught one Seabass after another. And reeled in most of the way a large stingray.















Tarpon rolled by us in a precession at the jetties. Just like usual, at a certain spot at a certain tide.   If I was float-rigging with live shrimp I could have probably hooked one up.

So on Thursday and Friday, we'll head to Nassau Sound and hopefully at least have some action up there.

ACTION. That's all I'm asking for!

Fish in the box will just be gravy.

Those two storms and all that rain was more than I asked for. Instead of  a nice wet summer, and maybe some great Trout fishing. Now, it's the opposite!

Where did they all go?

-------------------------------------------

FROM NOW ON TILL FURTHER NOTICE. ALL TRIPS WILL START & DEPART SHARPLY AT 7AM. THAT MEANS FEET ON THE BOATS DECK AT 7AM.

IT'S WAY TOO HOT, AND KIDS REALLY START GETTING FIGITTY. SO IT'S TIME TO BE DONE BY 1:00 PM.