Friday, November 2, 2012

NOVEMBER 1 - INSANITY

I received a comment posted from someone....."no name was given", about Trout in Mayport. On the post I did about being stir crazy with this weather.

OH YEAH!
I'M ON TOP OF IT.

It was pure insanity today. Upon the Jettywolf, doing R&D for up coming charters. I did make a video, but have no time to spend hours editing it till maybe Weds.......or Sunday.

So I'll just throw up this report:

West winds were quite HARD (15 kts) and in my book WEST is the worst! I hate a west wind....and can't even fish a east wind, most of the time. But I faired okay.

Trout limit to 4 pounds by 9:30am, started fishing around 8:00am. Had to find them first, but once I did, easily caught 30- 40 fish, a 27" Redbass, and a 17-3/4" Redbass, and had a few Yellowmouth Trout too. And one Mangrove Snapper at 11".

Then, as the tide turned I moved locales. Got in position for some EZ drop shrimp (dead) to the bottom. Yellowmouth Trout, Croakers, more Specks, and even had a nice pupper Black Drum. The bite was crazy, fun.

Then it happened, the anchor slipped. So I pulled it and looked carefully around where I was fishing. "I could mark the giant Reds on the bottom, they were all over!"

I re-positioned, fired down a piece of dead shrimp and that's when a 20+ pound Redbass sucked it up. I was fishing my super Fairy Wand rod, it doubled over and of course, this wasn't what I was wanting, by no means.

Afterwards, waves of Mullet and pods of Pogies were all around me. I caught some Mullet super easily, and tried a few.

Two Thursdays ago it was wild fishing in this same spot, with Yellowmouths 12-14" eating 3-4" Mullet, along with small 14" Specks, and of course hundreds of pounds of Redbass.....Hurricane Sandy didn't change any of that!

I caught small Specks and Yellowmouth Trout on the live Mullet, again. And then, FOUR more 20-25 pound Reds on the ole Fairy-wand Ugly Stik. What an ass kicking it was on the mega-light rod.

(SEE VIDEO ABOVE IN 11/4 REPORT)

It was insane, light tackle "solo" fishing.

I was all alone, not a soul around and I was wacking fish like crazy! Filling the fish box, and having a ball.

UP COMING PRE-BOOKED, CHARTERS:

Saturday, and then a "double day" with the same folks on Monday and Tuesday.

Just wish I took photos rather than doing a video. Video's take forever to edit and get done. And after reviewing what I had, the camera angle was wrong 1/2 the time and doing video's in the midst of a EPIC bite of fish had me loose some, too.

I'M ADDICTED TO TROUT. So, this morning Doc Miller, who's back in town and myself are heading out to go wack us a few limits of Specks and come home. He's been up in N.C. all summer, so he's ready. Another limit for the freezer is what I have in mind.

BOOK YOUR DAYS NOW. I have some days left in the middle of the month, and the very end.

NOVEMBER IS THE #1 MONTH OF THE YEAR IN MY BOOK. NO SWEATING, JUST FISHING.