Sunday, August 25, 2013

8/25 - Full Blown Nor'Easter

Hmmm, on the tails of yesterday's Video Report. Today's incoming rain and  wind could only be one thing. A full blown Nor'easter.

I was up early. And when the morning rain came down. I was buckets, making noise on my roof before the sun ever came up. But like most Florida rain, it didn't last all that long.

I talked to Bruce. Who I had coming up from Ponte Vedre for just a 2 hour Kids Trip. And we decided to go, but not depart at 8am, but rather 9:30am. And by then the rain was over.

GUESS THOSE "GOING EXTINCT" RED SNAPPER GOT A WEATHER PARDON FROM A THREE DAY OPEN SEASON ON THEIR HEADS TO JUST TWO DAYS, BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER TODAY.

I can't believe for a whopping $300 for two people, I never had a single request although I had it all over my Google+ page, that I was willing and able to plug in a few reefs into the Raymarine GPS and go get us a few. I even had a plan...go get some small "falling tide" Croakers at sun-up, in the livewell, then head out the jetties to a piece of hard bottom.

Tell me who else was ready to use live 4" Croakers for live Snapper bait???
I'd bet they'd be a damn near "shoe in", to the Snapper Club!
They maybe so thick you don't even need a live Croaker? I don't know.

But today, if you were so ate up with catching one Red Snapper per person and went offshore with that forecast, you were nuts.

Well, the parking lot at the boat ramp was damn near vacant at 9am when I pulled in. So. There wasn't any crazy's, because I may have owned the largest trailer that was at the boat ramp parking lot.

If it's blowin, if it's raining. Well that's when I have something booked, of course.

But all worked out.

Here's my crew at the jetties..."yes it was nasty, yes the water was busting over the rocks, and yes it wasn't where we caught our Croakers for the kids"
KAWABUNGA DUDE