Tuesday, November 26, 2013

11/26 - then it got really wet...

I was so happy to have two really great guys back aboard the Jettywolf today. Ed & Ronny from S.C. cam down again. "After last years way-lay on big Trout at the jetties, heck I would have too!!!"

Ed is the killer, and Ronny is the kicked back one.  Ying & Yang, makes for a good duet. With hyper ready to kill Capt Dave in the middle. Last year we had a blast.

Yes, I knew going in what we faced "weather-wise". And so did the guys. But did they cancel, NO.
Did they whine. Hell no.

So I kept it really close. Departing at 7am, in the rain sprinkles.

I told the guys, "We going to a place where if they bite they're gonna be really nice fish. But at the same time, it's been Bazzaro world as far as the Trout this fall. And they may not be there at all..." 

We hit the first spot at break-neck speed. I basically idled over to the first anchor drop. The guys worked live shrimp on float-rigs perfectly.

-NO FISH

Then, after we discussed my initial statement about the way it could be, Ronny's float went down with a head shaking rod tip throbbing pulse.





















Here's Ronny's 1st take down. A sweet 20 incher.

As the very last of the falling tide (which wasn't a strong one to start off with) slowed down, I kept adjusting us in the area, to the tide conditions and we never had another taker.

Then came the, REAL RAIN!!!

And Yes, I was exactly right!

It was a mix of what I initially told the guys, back at the dock.

I KNOW MT WATERS. 

ESPECIALLY. MY FISHERY!!  

ESPECIALLY, WHEN IT COMES TO MY TROUT FRIENDS

....OR MY TROUT ENEMIES. DEPENDING ON HOW WE LOOK AT IT, THAT DAY .

Plus the weather.

So as it poured rain, we went back to the dock, our morning was wet and over.
Next up, would be the 20 knot South winds as forecasted. Which is highly unusual this time of year.

So we packed it in, at 9am.

 And Ed said he'd be coming back in December to go to, one place.
THE JETTIES!
Even if had to come alone, without Ronny.