Saturday, December 28, 2013

12/28 - WET...but we knew that going in.

Yep. The sky was over-cast since when I was out on Thursday. And at least today, we all knew (Bill, John & I) that rain would and could be part of our day.

I had my slickers on, and even before we left the dock I made up a nice little rain coat for my depth sounder display screen out of a Glad "stretch" baggy. Don't want this one to get a case of the shitz, by getting wet like my last display screen that toasted after 7 years and three complete soakings. (It's on Ebay for sale right now for "Parts" for $100) Hmmm, lets see. I guess $371.00 per year is all that eventually cost me.

OH......back to the fishin'. Well spot one was fruitless. Spot two was 4 Trout and one good keeper. Then spot three. Where I planned on putting all my marbles. Two Trout. One Giant Croaker.




















B-U-T. Spot three is where we sat through the rain. Misty at first. Then, came a bit more soaking.
But Bill & Johns came "sort of" ready with a few cheezy poncho's.

NOTIFICATION:  
As if anyone who will be booking with me in the near future will actually be reading this!
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME IN ___________ WITH PLANS ON FISHING IN FLORIDA WHILE VISITING__________ OR COMING FOR THE SHEAR PURPOSE OF BEING OUTDOORS WITHOUT PACKING "FOUL WEATHER CLOTHING".
I say this every single winter.
BUT IF YOU OWN A WATERPROOF JACKET, AND EVEN BETTER YET A SET OF SLIP ON WATERPROOF PANTS. BRING THEM!!!!
FROM HERE ON OUT TILL AT LEAST APRIL, YOU COULD USE THEM.
-a simple set of "frog-togs" or a stearns walmart rain suit can be a life saver.  

Okay, enough Eagle Scout talk. I never was one. But I could have been. Instead, I'm your guide.
If you were heading to Mt. Everest, and your "sherpa" said, bring a down jacket, and you didn't.
Heck, at least you were warned, right??

We ended the day with enough for a fish fry dinner at Singletons. And that's where Bill & John were heading with the women afterwards.

Yes, today was tough. But they hung in there and we had a great time, as always. No matter what problem the Trout had.