Friday, January 17, 2014

1/17 - JOSFC "swap night"

Well, my fishing club had the annual swap night with burgers and dogs last night. I sold around $150 worth of stuff. And then turned around and bought some more "stuff".

I still have "stuff" left...But I guess you could say all the good "stuff" went.

As you may know from hanging around here. I'm gearing up for Sharkin come summer. What's kinda cool about it is until I have a few Stingray's out behind the boat,and get a taker. I mean a REAL shark. Not some hundred pounder. But several hundred pounds. I won't know if I have my "act together" as far as rods and reels, hooks, leaders etc.

I hoping my experience with the local Blacktip population at the jetties has at least enlightened me.
So last night, I did get some more 200# leader material. But then again, that's what I use for the Blacktips. 300-480#  cable, for the monsters. (I'm refering to 250-500 pounds a beach monster)

Hook sizes? I'm researching and reading and watching. I'll be collecting some from now, till then. And while breezin' the world wide web I cam across this little tid-bit about the guys chasing down the satellite tagged Great Whites.

Talk about some hooks!



I won't be sharkin it tomarrow, in the 20-25 knot NW winds; with 2 adults and a 7 year old.
But I will be out doing something.

It's been pretty damn nice all week.

NO ONE GOES DURING THE WEEK! ONLY SATURDAYS. SO THATS THE WEATHER YOU GET DURING THE WINTER.