Tuesday, January 12, 2016

1/11 - BBBBB'Brutal CCCCC' Cold !

Is it that because it's been 80 all "winter", that when it's 40 (?) it seems like a near-death experience?
Not sure if today was even 40 degrees.  Sure felt colder to us.

Had John & Javier from Texas aboard today and yeah, not sure if they were totally prepared either.

"it was a double-hood day, for me all day long!"

And I'll tell ya right now, as soon as I'm done writing this report, I'm heading over to Ebay and ordering me several pairs of the best WATER-PROOF gloves I can get.

That pulling the cold wet anchor line is a killer!  (more about the anchor coming....)

We started out Float-rig fishing and there really wasn't much if anything to it at all. nothing but scourge fish (Blues) eating our baits.

Ended up at the jetties and it was damn nice out there. So we bottom fished.




MY DAIWA SHRAPNEL..."I've never even caught a big fish on it yet!!!"




































SELFIES...John, two drum and I,


















9 & 12 pounds





















CAPTAIN MORGAN, and his Pirate bootie!


I'd just as soon bottom fish the jetties right now versus float-rig fish. I'm getting a bit burnt out on the Trout one day, no Trout another thing. It just may not be a good Trout year. Maybe come March & April?

PROBLEM WITH BOTTOM FISHING THE JETTIES IS THAT THERE ALWAYS THE RISK OF LOOSING AN ANCHOR.

YEP, WENT TO PULL MY $95.00 "REEF & ROCK" ANCHOR AND IT WAS SO JAMMED, THE CHAIN WOULDN'T EVEN BUDGE.

THAT'S THE SECOND ANCHOR IN A FEW MONTHS, LOST TO THE SAME AREA.

I NOW HAVE (5) OVER ALL, IN THE SAME AREA OF THE JETTIES.  OH HOW I WISH I WAS A LOUISIANA FISHERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!