Sunday, December 20, 2020

12/19 - NOT a great day!! (UPDATED ammo shortages❓)

 WOW......10am and not a decent fish in the boat❗❗❗❗❗


it was cold, it was windy as hell, we float-rigged, we bottom fished, we cast jig-n-shrimp, we even went to the jetties. We did have a handful of small specks at the jetties and a 10 inch black drum and a few cigar sized whiting.

AND NOW AS I WRITE THIS....SUNDAY IS CALM AND WARM. Y-E-S, THIS IS MY FISHING LIFE.    ''I DON'T PICK'EM!''

But as we sat there with WAVES busting over the rocks, hanging on anchor by a thread and a hope, getting covered in salt spray, barely being able to stand straight as the boat bobbed all over...

It was JETTYWOLF fishing at it's finest, (NOT from a lack of trying) with not much going on.

So, Marcos my one crew member for the day from Minnesota didn't seem to mind the weather at all. 


I was about at my "wits end!"


With the tide finally slowing we went back up in the river at 1pm and I said, ""this is it...doo or die!""

I wanted him to at least have a fish fry, for him and his wife and who every else. He said he'd like to have some fish to eat.

We pulled up on the spot, and it was 

game on!

Speckled Trout, and Yellowmouth Trout...almost every cast!

Most of the Specks were short, that's why I love me some good ole Yellers.

So tired of the specks always being 14 7/8ths inch long. And we didn't have all the damn bait stealers we had earlier this morning.

59 degree water and the shit fish are still on the rampage in that river.

Holy smokes it gets old, just feeding pinfish after pinfish. 


I got myself another fish bag just like the other one I have. It came super fast and is a bit different. But that doesn't matter. It's almost identical.

If you've kept up and wanted to learn what I do to conserve space and weight, you'll subscribe-comment and join the team on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

 https://www.youtube.com/c/captdavessportfishing


Pressed this one into service❗

Cause we quit catching these (again) and headed in because Marcos had to go.
















































































































So, now I re-scheduled Sunday and Tuesday for weather issues, and because one customer wants it warm, no wind, and hopes to fish fiddler crabs for Sheepshead...""and there is NO fiddlers to be had at the bait shop""".

We could use Blue Crab, but what a mess and costly that would be.

NEXT UP is a Family trip 3 adults and a 10 year old on Weds.

IF I DON'T POST OR TALK TO ANYONE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY REPORTS BLOG.