Tuesday, December 23, 2008

12/23 - Thanks Jim...

I'd like to thank Jim Sutton of the Florida Times Union newspaper for the great article in the Sunday (12/21) "outdoors" section of the paper.


"ya just won't believe how long that article, or our day on the water took, to get right."


If you didn't see or read it, Jim pretty much hit the nail on the head!
And damn we caught some seriously fine "jetty" specks that day. All in one spot!


Many of my tackle secrets are out'a the bag, now......but, I still have a few things (tackle items) that I've kept to myself. Already getting emails about the Salmon Stalker Floats, too.


I guess that will be good for Premier Plastics Inc. But not me...they don't do anything for me.
(Best place to purchase is Cabela's.)


One thing that he or we didn't touch on is that when you see someone like myself wackin the fatties along the rocks, breaking out your poppin' cork, or Cajun Thunder thing, isn't going to be the same.



We have a saying on my boat;
"OKAY, I SEE THE POPPING CORKS ARE NOW BUSTED OUT OF THE TACKLE BOX"

(these are not float-rigs)
Were referring to people in other boats, that may think that's it's all about some kind of float.

When it really has to do with "where" your bait is, depth wise.


I love the float-rig because my people can fish the rocks and not be hung up every two seconds.

And they don't have to feel a bite, all they have to do is not see their float any longer and just reel, and they'll have the fish. Be it a Redbass, Trout, Sheepshead, or whatever.

I'm not a trolling motor kinda guy either....I'm an "ANCHORER" . Back when I had three boats at one time (aptly named: "my 3 wives") I did the trolling motor deal up and down the jetty rocks. And it was quite tiring. So I went back to the basics, when I gave all that up. "I always loved fishing my cork."

Well, talked to today's customers and decided to try it Wednesday instead of today in the predicted EAST 15 knots. Wednesday is suppose to be warmer anyhow with a south Breeze!

One thing about winter that gets old is the juggling of people and fish'able days. I'm used to it. And it seems to be a huge part of my job this time of year.

One thing that Jim said in the article that's oh so true is,

"IT'S THE ZEN OF THE FLOAT IN WHICH SIPLER CAN PONTIFICATE FOR HOURS..."

How 'bout years, at a thousand words at a time. Right here on my REPORTS BLOG.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Jim's article: "JUST DON'T CALL IT A BOBBER"

Link: http://jacksonville.com/sports/outdoors/2008-12-21/outdoors_just_dont_call_it_a_bobber