Thursday, October 14, 2010

10/14 - Lettin' the fish outa the bag....

If the new Academy Sports store in Orange Park is gonna be anything like the Academy Sports that's proposed to open November 1st at Atlantic & Kernan Blvd. LOOK OUT!

Most people have no clue who Academy Sports is.....my neighbor Tom didn't. I do because I read La. Sportsman Magazine...Go figure. And Academy Sports advertises in La. Sportsman magazine. And has for along time been west of us, as in "I don't believe they were ever in Florida?"

And if you've ever watched fishing shows on Direct TV (satellite TV) some of the good ones are based in La. and Texas. Well, to make a long story short, Academy always seems to advertise on the Gulf coast fishing shows.

I was at the Academy Sports store in the dreaded O.P. yesterday. My dad had to go pick up a motorcycle engine from a friend that lives over that way. So as a treat for helping navigate with the GPS to find his buddies house through a maze of streets. He awarded me 25 minutes in the new Academy Sports store.  He's scared, because one time he spent 8 hrs in a Bass Pro Shops.

As far as Fishing stuff in Academy Sports...."I think you'll like what you see, I did".

They have lot's of stuff that has always been on my mind, Gulf Coast tackle. Lot's of products from H&H tackle, Castaway Rods, etc. All the little tackle items you just don't see here, that much.

And on that topic....I'll let the fish outa the bag.















(watch those dorsals!!!)

Here's a place I've been shopping for years. I'm on the mailing list. And ya wanna talk about some sweet deals. (Especially Reels.)

Actually, I don't know why I'm so nice! (maybe cuz I have more than I need??) Because FFO has been a double whammy secret shopping site of mine for along time.

Check it out:

 www.ffo-tackle.com

Special Offer for Subscribers





Stock Up and Save on purchases over $40 @ Fisherman's Factory Outlet.

From now until 10/25/2010, you can save an additional 20% off our already discount prices when you purchase more than $40 in tackle.












To receive your additional 20% off, you need to place an order from www.ffo-tackle.com that is over $40 and enter fishfall2 in the promotional code box during checkout.

This offer is for a limited time and cannot be used in combination with any other offer. FFO is not responsible for any disruptions in internet access that might inhibit a shopper's ability to order.

Sorry, we are unable to include the "Hard To Find Items" in this promotion.
www.ffo-tackle.com

This Offer Expires On October 25th, 2010