So, I'm going to lay out here some of my favorite links. Now remember, I'm a complete and utter tackle Junkie.
I can't seem to have enough play toys. It's part of the "life style", I believe. Equipment is an intrical part of success, as is making your rigging, work for you.
So here's some links that you may find useful, or not.
- Striper Rods, by Shakespeare: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_59704_100002005_100000000_100002000?hvarAID=shopping_shoppingdotcom Take a good look at the reviews on these rods. It's a no brainer!
- Swivels, 3-ways, and more. I take some of these products on this site and "create my own". http://visionhooksandtackle.com/
- This guy is GREAT! And you cannot buy jigs cheaper and as well made with FAST shipping: http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-Lures
- BULK HOOKS CHEAP...or cheaper. I don't buy a small pack of hooks personally. I buy in bulk and save $$ http://www.captainhookswarehouse.com/index.cfm?&redirected
- I've posted this site before. Along with money saving coupon codes. Lightning fast delivery. Close-out tackle,.reels, line. http://www.ffo-tackle.com/
- My favorite bottom rod for river/inlet fishing of all time, Shakespeare Ugly Stik Catfish. So far they ought to rename this rod, Redbass, Drum, Sheepshead, and everything else rod. Works everywhere in our river. Another "no-brainer". http://www.basspro.com/Shakespeare-Ugly-Stik-Catfish-Casting-Rods/product/91862/-1241125
- The oxygen infuser I've been using for the last 15 years, lots of small bubbles is the key: http://keepalive.net/portable.htm When the river's fresh, the last thing you want to do is recirculate your livewell water. So it's time for a Keep Alive pump.