Tuesday, January 1, 2013

12/31 - YEAR END VIDEO



-Was supposed to have Capt Kris from Dockside bait & tackle in Slidell Louisiana aboard today. REALLY was kinda upset. Because all I want is to find out the details about fishing Lake Pontchartrain from a Pro. We were "swapping fishing trips". As I always say, "when I grow up, I wanna be a Gulf Coast Angler, someday."  And now, I missed my chance. Because he couldn't make it after extensive planning, while he was here. (actually Orange Park, kinda like here......)

So I went out anyhow. 8 dozen live shrimp later, and working thru a long boring tide. The fish bit like NUTZ at the low tide. Still the iinfluence of the NEW moon, I guess.

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE IN THIS VIDEO, OF HOW MY "TECH-TIP #2" CAME INTO PLAY.
(see all "tech-tip" video links, along blog right side bar)

-SOFT LIMBER ROD MANDATORY!!!!!

COUPLE THAT WITH BRAIDED LINE, SOFT AND EVEN HARD MOUTHED FISH WILL COME TO THE BOAT.

-ALSO MANDATORY ANYMORE FOR ME IS A REALLY FAST GEAR RATIO REEL!!!

12/31/2012
Today I set a personal "record". That 7 pound Sheepshead was caught by drifting my float-rig back NO-LESS than 150 feet behind the boat.

Yes, go pace off 150 feet and see what I mean! It could have actually been further. Never before I have set the hook on a Sheepshead that far away. I have done Reds & Trout. NEVER a Sheepshead before.

When you get really "into" float-rig fishing. These are the types of landmarks you'll set. Catching is one thing. Catching the way YOU want is another.

A very wise angler once said, "First there's catching fish, then there's catching big fish. After it's all said and done, then there's catching fish the WAY you want to catch fish."
as said by; Larry Dahlberg - Freshwater Fishing Halll of Famer. Host of, Hunt For Big Fish TV show.