Thursday, January 2, 2014

1/2 - A 2014 Reel Review....coming.

If you really know me, then you know if I had the cash flow I'd be buying, selling, testing, comparing, and reviewing FISHING TACKLE, as another form of my life -Style entertainment proccess.

I do that already, "slightly". But not nearly as much as I'd like too. (IE: weekly, monthly basis.)

But, I'm prepping for an all out review coming up.

I just SOLD my Shimano Tranx 500 HG reel.

"SAY IT AIN'T SO?"

Yes, this reel:



WHY....might you say?

Answer: Because I'm poor.
And to be able to check out "other reels" to see if they are more to my liking, I have to turn-over what I have.

So, I could say...."SEE WHAT I DO FOR YOU ALL!  MY BLOG READERS ARE SO IMPORTANT TO ME THAT I SELL PERFECTLY GOOD AWESOME REELS, SO I CAN REVIEW NEW REELS FOR YOU."  

But that would be a lie. Yes, what I do personally does spill over into my reports here, and on to my video's. But I'd be lying if I said it was for the sole purpose of educating you the readers of this blog.
Because really, "how many of you paid attention to and thought about purchasing a Shimano Tranx before or after that video above? 1/1000 of a percent of my readership?"  

Okay, the reason for the selling of the Shimano Tranx 500 HG is because it was expensive. They retail for $499.00!!!!!!!!!!!!  I sold mine for $375 with free shipping. So, before Ebay fees are subtracted I may have made $340 on a $499.00 reel.

But with that said. I have never ever been a DAIWA man. Shimano is my reel company. But after multitudes of hours spent surfing the world wide web and Ebay. I quickly became really fascinated with a reel that DAIWA came out with.

They (a reel manufacture) finally...and I mean FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Came out with a "conventional style" level-wind, star drag, heavy duty, HIGH SPEED reel, that AUTO-ENGAGES!

If you're lost, that means that the lever you disengage the spool with "automatically" RE-engages when you turn the handle.


DID YOU CATCH THAT?

"auto-engages"

So, with the sale of one Shimano Tranx 500 HG, I was able to purchase TWO of these reels for my use, via Ebay, at $187 with free shipping.

Daiwa isn't as proud of their reels as Shimano "HAS BECOME". So, as I dabble in the world of buy high, sell low. I may become a Shimano/Daiwa man.

Two for One. Hmmm, that's reely something huh?  But Josh, the guy in this video doesn't actually do a REEL WORLD review.

So that's where Capt Dave will come in.
** 20#'s of drag pressure, is it really Shimano smooth??
** how tough is that "auto-engage", does it break or hang up at all??
** does this Daiwa Saltist 20 HC put the breaks on a 150 lb Spinner Shark the same way a Shimano Tranx can?
** is the Daiwa Saltist 20 HC worth buying more of??
** is the Daiwa Saltist 20 HC more "Versatile" than the largest low-profile reel ever made, the Tranx??  (casting distance, throwing monster lures, bottom fishing)

THESE ARE THE REASONS I BOUGHT TWO OF THEM AND WILL ANSWER BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER.

SO PLEASE STAND BY. MORE TO COME.