Saturday, March 7, 2015

3/7 - Ain't outa the woods yet!

March weather couldn't be anymore TRANSITIONAL!

Hell, I was just writing my forecast for the Websites Home page and it happened! We went from hot, to cold in a matter of 12 hrs?  80 one day 40 the next?

We ain't outa the woods yet, folks. Not till MAY.

Had the boat sitting at the dealer since Tuesday. From what I gathered via my internet investigations is I have a failing o2 sensor on the 250 Suzuki. It throws up a code and a warning sporadically.
So Tuesday, Weds., Thurs., Friday it sat there, and I told them I'm picking the boat up on Friday no matter what!

Saturday charter, Monday charter. And no other way to pay the mortgage!
Then the winds are supposed to be so high on Saturday, we already re-scheduled till Sunday.

I get there (Boat dealer) Friday around 1pm and they say, "Yep, it's the o2 sensor." But they are back-ordered. We'll have one next week. Which means yet another long drive across town....in between fishing days.

Every outboard I have owned since back when I had a Yamaha HPDI 200 2 stroke, thru Honda's and now the Zuki has problems with o2 sensors. What's up with that? Is it because of pollution Bull Shit?
"OH, MY OUTBOARD IS PUTTING SO MUCH SMOG IN THE AIR...again. BULL SHIT!

What's up with the billowing black soot smoke I see pouring out of every Tug boat and ship on the river. And don't get me started on the United States Navy!!!!!  Did ya'll know they had a fuel/oil spill inside the Navy Basin not long ago of 25,000 gallons? But according to the NAVY they caught it all and it wasn't a big deal.

Who are you going to trust? The US Navy? I certainly wouldn't. They are huge polluters.

Here's some Retro photos of BEFORE and AFTER, the building of Blount Island, and cutting that straight line thru Mill Cove. Huge destruction!  That everyone has totally forgot about.

BEFORE:

















AFTER:
















THE MAN MADE RIVER.




WEATHER MAYPORT out to 20 miles:

Saturday: NE 15-20 knots GUSTY Small craft advisories till 10am

Sunday: NE 10 knots

Monday: EAST 10-15 knots